1. Let's start off with the not so great to get it out of the way. I was informed that I didn't receive the Vaya A Latina America Scholarship. At first this was very disappointing to me, but after a while, I jumped back up and kept on fundraising. I still believed that I could make my goal even without that large scholarship.
2. Soon after that, AFS gave me a scholarship for $750 in financial aid. This new sponsorship gave me hope that if I just kept trying I would make it. Thank you AFS!
3. AFS Argentina accepted my application, and they are now looking for a host family. They told me I would probably find out who my family was in January. It is so thrilling to be able to discover what the people are going to be like that I will spend a year of my life with. I can't wait!
4. I kept on working and working and was able to earn some good money. My community has been wonderfully supportive of my trip and always looking for things to hire me for. I was able to sell two big ticket items for my parents that they gave me a portion of. My grandparents we also very kind and donated money. It is really incredible how much money you can make when you just put your mind to it.
5. Last (but definitely not least!) I received a scholarship from a local organization called Orca. Thanks to some help by Anne Davis, I was awarded $2000! Talk about getting the wind knocked out of you- I was so excited!
With all of this put together, I am getting very close to my goal. It is exciting to have my goal within reach. All I need is a little more help and work, and I will be on my way to Argentina! Only 4 MONTHS AND COUNTING!