Sunday, September 26, 2010

Getting My Ducks in a Row

Congratulations are in order! These last couple weeks I have received two great pieces of news. Firstly, my application was accepted by AFS USA. It has been sent off to AFS Argentina and they will let me know if there is any additional information that is needed. I am officially on their list of Spring 2011 Argentina exchange students.

I received my AFS student guide book in the mail and have begun reading it. There is a lot of information that is in there that I had never thought of. Did you know that the U.S. is famous for wearing shorts? My guide book suggests "Don't arrive in another county in shorts or you will be immediately labeled as a U.S. tourist." I will keep this tip in mind when packing my carry on outfit. Wow! It is so exciting just to THINK about packing!

The second thrilling accomplishment was that I have gone over the half way mark in my fund-raising efforts. I now have over $6,900 in money going towards my trip! That means I only have $6,500 more. I am getting closer to my goal every day. If you know of anyone that would be interested in sponsoring me, don't be shy to suggest they check out my blog! I love to hear what you guys are thinking so comments or questions are always great.

No comments:

Post a Comment