Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Giving It All I Got

Last week, I officially submitted my AFS application. It is currently being looked over. Next week, I will have my interview with my local AFS volunteer. Once that is done, my application will be sent to the Argentina AFS organizers. I should hear back from then within the next couple weeks.

This weekend the Vaya a America Latina essay is due. Over the past weeks, I have worked on draft after draft of my essay. The scholarship is through AFS and will cover half of my tuition ($5,112.5). It is really important for me to get it so I have been working hard to make that as possible as I can.

My host brother, Franco, has been living with us for about three weeks. His English is very good, and it has been a joy to get to know him. From him, I have begun to see snip-its of Argentina's culture. He has told me about words that vary from the Mexican Spanish I am currently learning. It has been fun to show him my home town and teach him about new things. It really brings light onto how different cultures are in simple, every day routines. Every time I hear about Argentina from Franco, I long to be there. Having him here has solidified my decision and thrive to travel to Argentina.

Over all, I am continuing to work hard to earn money. I am also taking time to learn about Argentina as much as I can. I am so excited to travel there and will work from dawn until dusk to make it possible. I am giving it all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment