Monday, February 14, 2011

Mi Familia y País Nuevos

Hola!

Ya queda poco tiempo para yo viajo! There is so little time left before I leave! With the count down remaining with eight days, I have begun to say my goodbyes. Until you have to, it is impossible to imagine how hard it is to say goodbye to people for a whole year. But even with the emotions of departing, I am extremely excited to head off on my adventure!

Over the last month, I have gotten to email with my family a lot. It is so exciting to learn about the place I am going to. I have a mother, father, an older sister Sofia, and an older sister Paula. I am staying in the city San Juan which is about the size of Bellingham. I am going to a Catholic school that is close to my house so I will walk there every morning. It will be hot and I am stacking up on sunblock!

Once I leave for Miami on the 22nd, I will have an orientation there. I will arrive in Argentina on the 25th; have another orientation (only this time in Spanish); take a 15 hour bus on the 26th to San Juan; and then finally arrive and meet my family on the 27th!! It is a long way to travel and it will be so hard to wait to meet my family for that long.

Even though I am leaving, it doesn't mean I will lose touch with all you guys. Make sure to keep checking my blog for I will be posting exciting updates about my adventures abroad (and even some pictures)!!!

Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Well? did you get there safely? how was it to travel by yourself? i miss you so much already. i haven't heard anything from you since sat. morning. tell me something? where are you? what are you doing? who are you with? i want you to tell me everything you're doing and I don't want you to act like i'm being annoying i just want you to answere all my questions.! i love you soooo much. jenica, tell. me. you. love. me. I misssss you so so so so much. so yeah i need some info from your life. Lol <3

    ReplyDelete