Sunday, February 27, 2011

There at Last

I am in Argentina! Yep, that about sums it up but for your sake, I will explain in more detail. Over the last the last five days, I have taken two red eye plane rides, one red eye bus ride, and spent more hours than you could imagine listening to AFS personel tell me important facts. It was all very tiring and I developed a sore throught to top it off. Even with all this, I am still pretty excited. During the orientation, we never spoke Spanish. That was hard because I wanted to prepare for when I finally met my host family. Oh well...

This morning, after riding on a bus for 12 hours (which I am happy to tell you had seats that reclined back into a full bed) I met my host family. They were waiting at the bus stop with a big flag that said "Jenica Bienvenidos" meaning Welcome Jenica! They are very nice, and although it must be frustrating talking to me cause I can´t understand a lot, they are being very patient. They let me call my parents and I am planning on Skyping they later this afternoon.

They city is very beautiful and filled with colors. There are tons of stray dogs everywear and my papa drives really fast. It is all very different from Washington but I love it. My school is just a block away so I will walk there everymorning. I share a bedroom with my sister Sophia so it is not that different from my room at home. I like their house very much.

It is hot here but I am surprised at how well I am doing. Then again, I am not in the direct sun either. I am going to take a shower (but one of my sisters will have to explain how it works, I don´t understand it) but I am thinking about everyone all the time. Don´t be afraid to send me a little email. You can even try out your Spanish if you feel so inclinded!! Love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment