Thursday, May 19, 2011

Barn Yard Classmates

Now it might seem slightly offensive to compare my classmates to Farm Animals, but really, I mean it in the nicest way possible. :) The other day I was sitting in class (as standing would be just to exhausting :) ) when I heard these bird sounds coming from the back of the class. In any other situation when the teacher was reading and I heard something like that I would have thought it awfully rude or atleast tried to figure out who it was but not here. I didn´t even bat an eye lash. My classmates have often made strange bird sounds when ever the teachers were trying to get us to listen so it wasn´t anything new. The thing was, that day, they didn´t just make  a bird sound. Soon I heard a wolf start howling and the most realistic owl coo I had ever heard. A goat joined in and that was when I lost it with most of the rest of the class. We just cracked up laughing. Here we were listening to things about Business and Economy and you could have sworn that our classroom was actually in a animal barn and not in a Catholic Private School. Now although my classmates might act like barn animals at times, they are actually pretty smart. They have learned to only make sounds really quietly in order for the teacher not to stop them. It is that fine line between making them loud enough so everyone can hear but keeping them quiet enough so the teacher doesn´t get upset. As soon as we started cracking up, all the guys who were crowing and mooing instantly started yelling at everyone to shut up because they were disturbing the teacher. Which just got us all laughing even harder because we all knew (including the teacher) that they were the ones practicing their animal sounds. :) Eventually, we all quieted down and continued on reading. But for the rest of the class there was that constant cooing and baaing and howling coming from all over the class. It put a smile on my face for the rest of the day. :)

Here are some photos that my friends took during class (although techinically we aren´t supposed to use your cell phones). Sorry about the bad quality.

Some of the various culprets:

Mauro, Agusto, Emiliano, Pigna, and Nicolas

Facundo and Emiliano

Luciano and Nicolas

No comments:

Post a Comment