Friday, May 20, 2011

Peanut Butter Package

WARNING: This post is highly packed with praise for Peanut Butter. If you are a Peanut Butter hater, I highly suggest you skip this post write now before you torchure yourself by reading this.

I am so lucky to have two wonderfuly groups of family and friends. Not only am I surrounded by loving people here but I still have my friends and family back home cheering me on the whole way. As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I needed an emergency shipment of winter clothing from Mom. Thankfully, it showed up in an incredible 10 days! I had no idea that was even possible! Now I was under the impression that I was to find sweaters and my favorite shirts in that package and although those were included like promised, I also found something more. In there was practically a year supply of Reese´s Peanut Butter Cups and a jar of organic Peanut Butter. For many people, although that would be a wonderful gift, it wouldn´t have any signifacant meaning, but when I opened up that package, I burst out laughing. It is hard to explain exactly way I thought it was to funny but I will do my best. Earlier in the month I had jokingly hinted that Mom should mail me a jar of PB but later admitted that it would probably be the most expensive jar she ever bought given that it would cost all of my college fund just to send it. :) My intention by mentioning that, if I am being completelly honest, was that I was hoping she would take a hint and send me one or two Reese´s since I was going through Peanut Butter withdrawl. :) Here I have only had one taste of Peanut Butter in the last three months and it was just a cookie flavored like it. Argentinians have yet to realize the incredible invention of Peanut Butter and are ingnorantly avoiding selling it in stores. :) Anyways, when I saw that jar of Peanut Butter and that family size pack of fifty miny Reese´s, I just couldn´t seem to get over how funny it all was! Thankfully after talking to my mom, she let me know that it didn´t cost ALL of my college fund. :) Good thing too because I was looking forward to getting that degree.

So of course I shared some of the Reese´s with my family right away. I had originally brought one big one for them to try when I first arrived, so they already new they liked them. And since I had so many little ones, I figured they were perfect for sharing with my classmates. Nobody here seems to have ever even heard of these things and keeps trying to compare them to treats from Argentina. As I have patiently explained many times, in my hunble opinion Reese´s are in a category all to themselves. Somewhere between heavenly awesome and addictively dangerous and should not be shoved into a group with anything less tasty. After trying them, they all agreed that they were very good and diffinetelly different from things here. Unfortunetelly, some of them seem to be affected with the same addiction I have recently contracted and wanted to eat all of mine. I will have to watch my stash very carefully from now on. :) But the best story of all happened just seconds ago when Federico tried Reese´s for the first time. We got on the subject because he saw me writing this and I then asked him if he wanted to try one. After peeling of the completelly unique wrapping and seeing the heavenly insides he said "Oh, it has chocolate!". Now I thought nothing of this an agreed that the outside was covered in chocolate and inside was the delicious Peanut Butter. But when Paula started laughing, I quickly learned of his mistake. In the dim light in our living room, he had mistaken the dark brown wrapping around the candy for the chocolate and attempeted to eat it just like that. Well let me tell you, it took a while for us all to finally stop laughing and for him to eventually actually try it. He also agreed that he liked it very much even though he normally isn´t a fan of chocolate. But like any actual Peanut Butter lover would know, Peanut Butter can make everything taste better. :)

All in all, it was a wonderful reminder of home and at the same time, a wonderful way to share my home with people here. And I haven´t even opened the jar yet! I think I am going to need to have a Peanut Butter Party where I have my friends try everything from plain PB- PB with Vanilla Icecream- PB with apples- to PB and J sandwhiches (which I am sad to say seems to be an appauling thought to everyone here). I should probably go to bed and dream sweat dreams of Peanut Butter. It is getting a little late. Love you all so much! Thanks for reading!

P.S. I uploaded a new photo album online so make sure to click on the link to the right of this post. Also, I will be adding more photos to some of my previous albums as I have begun collecting them from friends. I will let you know when you should go back and look at the old ones again.

P.P.S. I think I have broken the world record for say "Peanut Butter" the most times in one blog post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment