Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Weekend at Rodeo

Last weekend was Semana Santa here where we celebrate the resurection of Christ. For this holiday, we also get Thursday and Friday off school. I went to a town that is about a three hour drive straight north of San Juan. I went with my sister Sophia but I actually didn´t end up spending much time with her.



There were two cabins that we were split up into. One holding basically all the people over 18 and the other with every one under.


We also had Sorrentino´s mom come with us and stay in our cabin. The town is has a main street that has a little plaza and tiny stores around it. From there little roads (most of them dirt) take you to streets with houses or camping areas. It reminded me so much of the area where my grandparents live in Colorado. It was really dry with tons of prickely bushes just waiting to stab you when you sit down. :) It was also really gorgeous. Rodeo is in the middle of this valley between mountains right next to a man-made lake. It was a really beautiful drive at the end because we came out of this horrible twisty, dusty road where we were practically going to drive of the edge of a cliff on every turn and then we come over the peek, and there is this beautiful lake that just took my breath away. It was movie kind of perfect view!




Mostly the weekend was spent relaxing and having fun. We took tons of pictures of us just messing around, played UNO more times than I can count, and stayed up late hanging out in the kitchen.


We explored this awesome forest where the leaves has just fallen and covered the ground. Everything was really yellow and bright and I happened to be wearing a yellow shirt as well!





It was a really nice way to get to know some of the kids at my school more. I have found that just having some time with them outside of school can really strengthen a relationship. There are tons of pictures to look at so make sure to check out the link at the right of this page. I think many of them will give you some laughs. :)


When we arrived back home Sunday, we celebrated Easter with Chocolate Eggs that Paula and Elsa has made while we were gone. They were a chocolate shell with icing on the top and chocolate and fruit flavored candies on the inside. We still have two left the we haven´t eaten. But I can´t imagine that it will be that way for much longer. They are too good to resist! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment