Wednesday, April 13, 2011

When Alarm Clocks Don´t Work....

This morning I work up needing to go to the bathroom. It was not at all unusually because since we eat dinner so late I often need to get up early in the morning before I need to get up for school. What made this morning so unusual was that when I looked at my Ipod for the time, the clock read 7:11. WOW! That got me out of bed quick! I ran into the kitchen to see if it was my clock that was wrong but the clocks read the same. When I got back to my bedroom, Sofia was sturring and I asked her why Elsa hadn´t woken me up. She then went in to wake up Elsa since Elsa also had to leave for work while I ran into the bathroom to change into my uniform in record time. Now, normally I probably could have made it to school by 7:30 but this was the one morning that I was planning to get dressed fast and finish my homework. Thankfully, the night before I had gotten my bag together with my books and layed out my clothes so I could have as much time to finish my homework as possible. At midnight I had called it quits, only having to edit it, paste it into the translater, and then print it. Now before you start jumping to conculsions and think that I don´t do my homework in Spanish, wait a minute. It actually wasn´t homework. It was three pages of Economy notes that would have literally taken atleast three days to translate by hand. There for, I typed them up, translated them, and then used them to study for the test I was going to have today. Anyways, I was rushing around trying to get my documents up when Elsa came into the kitchen and told me that she could call the director of the school and I could show up late. So all was well although I did eat a very small breakfast in order to not miss my favorite class (Math) that was the first one of the day. As it turns out, we ended up not having the Economy test today and are going to have it tomorrow. So far my tests have gone alright. Here is the latest statistics (they are all out of ten possible points):

  • English: 10

  • Microsoft Excel Class: 10

  • P.E.: 10

  • Biology: 10

  • Math: 9

  • Law: 6

  • Business Organization: 6

I have also taken a test in Religion, Accounting, Literature, Economy, another in Biology, and Geography. I have a Economy test tomorrow, P.E. test Friday, another Accounting test Tuesday, and a Math test in first week in May. In total, I have recieved seven tests back with an average score of 8.7 which is impressively good. But I must take into account that those four of those classes use almost no Spanish. I have yet to recieve six test scores and I have atleast four more tests in the coming weeks. I am starting to get the impression that the only thing we get graded on are tests here. I am going to have to get good at studying in Spanish cause these last two weeks of school have been exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment