Friday, March 18, 2011

Coca Cola Has Taken Over

In the U.S. I would say it was popular to drink soda. Since there are so many kinds, I can´t narrow it down if asked to but I would say Coca-Cola products are in the top five. Well here, it is number one. There is no question that Coca-Cola is considered the best thing ever here. During breaks between classes, what do people drink? Coca-Cola. After school when we are hanging out, what do they drink? Coca-Cola. During dinner, what do they drink? You guessed it! Coca-Cola. It is not surprising that everyone can function on so little sleep when they are constantly chugging caffeine multiple times a day. But don´t be confused. This isn´t the Coca-Cola in the can that you find all over the U.S. This is the real stuff in the bottle. The kind that you keep on your dresser table just to say the you actually had one before. :) Well believe it or not, they just toss them in the trash like it´s not a big deal! Anyways, I like Coca-Cola but it is not my favorite. I am also not used to the caffeine and have been careful with only drinking little bits at a time so I can slowly get used to it. Thankfully, the second most popular soda is Sprite which isn´t caffeineted and I happen to like very much. It even comes in an awesome bottle like the Coca-Cola! Even so, you will stand out like a neon sign if you have a Sprite in your had at school. I have only seen one person so far willing to break out of the status-quo and brave the dangerous waters of the soda popularity.

When coming here, I was told that you should expect things to be more expensive here than in the U.S. Franco, when he arrived in the States, said that he had waited to buy his electronics here because they were cheaper back in Argentina. Well that might be true for electronics but not for everything else. Clothes seem to be about the same here as I would pay back home but maybe a little cheaper. In terms of food though, it is CRAZY cheap here. Today, I paided 1.5 pesos for a bottle of Coca-Cola. Since 4 pesos is one dollar that is equal to aprox. 40 cents. 40 cents!!! That is crazy!! I told every one else that we often pay 10 pesos for a soda and they thought that was a rip-off. Anyways, I am not going to go broke buying sodas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment