Sunday, March 13, 2011

Late Night Tacos - Or Should I Say Early Morning?

Last night was a blast! Like I had said before, Krystal had invited me over for tacos with her and some of her friends. Turns out that we she actually brought all of the taco stuff with her and we went to this boy Nicolas´s house. There, we were joined by another ten people (about have boys, half girls). I knew some of the people from seeing them at school but most of them were new to me. Unfortuntelly, I can remember almost none of their names. :) I usually am really good with names but here they sound very different from how we would say them and it is hard to tell what is a name and what is a Spanish word! Anyways, I can only remember Krystal, Nicolas, and another boy named Matias. I have found that I am able to remember boys names here better than girls. Then again, many of the girls are named Juli and Sofi, I just can´t remember which ones are which! I often feel bad not being able to remember, but then again, I think they can understand. They never pronounce my name right and so everyone just calls me "Jenny" here.

I played Ping Pong with a girl and was embarrasingly beat. Thankfully, I was much better at cards. I learned how to play a card game called "Mosquito". It was really fun and I was pretty good at it. Or should I say, I was good until we played it after dinner. Then, I lost twice in a row!! Everyone was a good sport about it and we laughed so much when it looked like I was going to lose a third time. Thankfully, I pulled through.

We didn´t end up eating dinner until about 12:30 at night. Or is that concidered the morning? :) They were fantastic tacos and I enjoyed actually eating so late. I wasn´t starving then so I think that is a sign that I am adjusting to their insane eating times.

The whole night was a blast and I didn´t end up going home until three in the morning. I will have to get used to that fact that when we are getting together for "dinner" it really means partying for six hours into the night! This morning, I didn´t get up until 12:30 I was so tired. Tomorrow is school again; it will be my first full week attending school. The first week when I was sick I only made it two days. Last week, we didn´t have school Monday or Tuesday so I only had three days. This week I am having five! I hope my brain can hold out. Although school is really fun, I get mentally tired really easily from all the Spanish. I love speaking Spanish and it is a beautiful language to listen two but when you are in class and trying to understand it for six hours five days a week, your mind can run out of gas really quickly. I have decided to keep taking English cause otherwise I would have to switch to a class in Spanish. I figure I deserve one easy class out of my eleven. :)

I guess you guys have had a time change over in the States. We haven´t had one yet (I don´t know if we even do!) so now it is only a four hour difference in time. Thankfully, my mom let me know that before I missed my Skyping session with Isabel! She should be signing on any minute...I got to go!! :) Take care!

P.S. Oh! Yesterday it was freezing here!! Like, I was in my tennis shoes, pants, longsleeve, and sweatshirt and I was still cold outside. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment