Friday, March 25, 2011

Discos- You Live and You Learn!

Hola Amigos! Wow, have these last two days been packed with adventures or what? I didn´t have school on Thursday or Friday so I needed some plans to keep me occupied for the long weekend. Well, be careful what you wish for! Cause I have hardly had a moment to relax since Wednesday afternoon!

WEDNESDAY: I went to town with Krystal and Virginia. Our plan was that we were going to meet up with some more of our friends at the movie theater and see a movie. It would have been my first time going to the movie theater and I was pretty excited. I was also freaking out because the movie was supposed to be a suspensful on the verge of horror type and the only reason I agreed to see it was cause I wanted to hang out with these guys. Thankfully, the other people ended up not being able to make it so we opted for eating icecream instead. I got to try Dulce de Leche icecream for the first time and it is incredible! I am getting it every time from now on. The States should definetelly get it together and start selling dulce de leche. I am not sure I can move back if I can´t have it. :) Afterwards, we went over to Nicolas Sorrentino´s house who is the boyfriend of Virginia and a class mate of mine. We had pizza together and watched TV. I had also been invited to a birthday party that night for a classmate of mine who has now switched schools. But I ended up staying at Nicolas´s house later than planned so I didn´t end up going. At about midnight, we walked the eight blocks to my house. Stopping on the way to chill on the side walk while Virginia took her bus to her house. It was so cool to be able to walk home! In Deming, walking anywhere is like planning a week long vacation. It takes a lot of planning, and a lot of time. Here though, I can walk home with friends and it isn´t a problem. So Wednesday, I had plans from 6 in the evening until 1 in the morning.

THURSDAY: Vero, a classmate of mine, had invited me to my first disco (boliche) that night. I was going to meet her at Sofi Suarez´s house at 11 p.m. and then us three were going to leave for the boliche at 1 a.m. It was a Costume Party, but since Vero and Sofi didn´t have costumes and it was my first time, I opted for my favorite short dress and a pair of Paula´s blue flats to go with. :) Now technically, you are supposed to be 18 to go into these places since the drinking age here is 18 but all of my classmates start going once they´re 16. But let me assure you, they weren´t drinking while I was there and I wouldn´t drink even if they asked me to. I don´t like the taste of alcohol thank-you-very-much. Once we got there, it was an immediate start to a roller coaster of emotions that didn´t stop until long after I had gotten home. Since there are so many things to tell, I will just make a list for the simplisity of it.

  • There were cops waiting at the entrance of the boliche.
  • The music was loud enough that I had to talk to people in their ear. This made it kind of awkward for some conversacions later on in the night.
  • When I would walk by guys, they would call out to me, asking my name and tug on my hair.
  • Some of the more forward ones would even grab on to my waist and start walking behind me. (Later on I asked Vero about this and she said not to worry. You can just ignore them or even dance with them if you want. It is totally normal and fine, just don´t let them get all over you if they´re drunk.)
  • I later experienced my first drunk guy and thankfully, my friends were there to show me how to get him to back off. Next time, I will be more assurtive but it was a little overwelming at first.
  • I danced with a guy that I don´t know and aparently none of my friends knew either.
  • I met a ton of new people and also hung out with some other exchange students that were there. It was pretty difficult though, because when someone would come up to me or ask me to dance with them, I would have no idea if it was a friend that I just met, a friend of someone I came there with, or just a guy harassing me. :)

A ton more happened but I can´t write about that all now. It would just get to long and I still haven´t quite gotten over the shock of things to be able to explain it properly! I will have to save all of that info for Skype sessions! We arrived at Vero´s house at 5:30 a.m. where I spent the night.

FRIDAY (today): I didn´t get out of bed until 12:30 and then I went over to Sofi´s for lunch. I ended up staying there all afternoon and we even went out for icecream with her sister. It was a really fun day. I got home finally at 4 ish and I decided to take a nap. Well, I ended up waking up at 8:30 after sleeping for 4 and half hours. Definetilly not my plan for the afternoon and it is probably going to really screw up my sleep tonight! Next time I will set an alarm. :) I guess you live and you learn!

I don´t have any plans for Saturday and Sunday at this point, but knowing my luck, that will soon change. I also have three tests next week and geography homework that I have to finish. It is kind of pointless for my to study for the tests cause what I know, I already know. Reading over my notes one more time is not likely to improve my chances of getting a better grade! I am impressed how all my classmates can juggle everything. I don´t know how these Argentinians do all this partying! I am exhausted and I still have two more days of no school to go! I am straving and should get off and eat. Just got to keep plugging along!

P.S. I am posting more pictures onto Picasa of last night and my friends also posted some of me on Facebook. The place didn´t have a roof!!

No comments:

Post a Comment